Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Colbie Caillat

Better than "Bubbly"?? I think so! Colbie Caillat's new single, "Hold On" is one of her best.

Don't be fooled by the title, it's not a cover of the Wilson Phillips song, but it does mirror a few other artists. Personally, the song reminds me of Ellie Goulding mixed with Sara Bareilles (back from her "Gravity" days). I realize that's an odd combination to envision, and maybe I'm wrong, but that's what I hear. I'll let you be the judge on that one.

According to Rolling Stone, Colbie is aiming for a new sound, one that's upbeat and louder, for this next album. She also told Rolling Stone that she's been writing music with Ryan Tedder (OneRepublic) and Kenny "Babyface" Edmonds recently. Her first single off of the album, "Hold On", was co-written by Tedder.

If "Hold On" is just a sample of what's to come, I'm extremely excited for her next album, which is set to release early next year.

Check out "Hold On" because it is worth a listen!


No comments:

Post a Comment