Monday, December 16, 2013

Avicii

Avicii's latest is called "Hey Brother" and it is off of his latest album, True.

This song is different the usual EDM sound we know and love Avicii for. In fact, it has a bit of a twang to it and it isn't until the middle of the song that the beat begins to show signs of an EDM track. To me, the merging of Bluegrass and EDM is unfathomable because the two seem so distant from one another, but somehow Avicii has done the unthinkable and made them a united force.

As for the video, holy cow! The amount of chills I personally felt throughout the whole thing was insane. The storyline is absolutely beautiful and it has the ability to resonate with nearly every viewer in some way, shape or form.

Avicii's album, True, was released in September, but I can't say I've listened to it in its entirety. It's definitely on my list of music to check out as I'm beginning to think that everything Avicii produces is worth a listen!

No comments:

Post a Comment