Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Walk Off the Earth

Since I didn't post yesterday, my bad, I will give you two amazing songs by one fabulous group. Walk Off the Earth released "Red Hands" a year or so ago, but it is just now getting the radio plays it deserves.

For me, their video that caught my attention was "5 Peeps 1 Guitar", which features 5 people playing Gotye's "Somebody I Used to Know" on, you guessed it, 1 guitar.

I have to say, it's pretty impressive!


While searching through some of their other videos, I came across a song called "Red Hands". I figured it was an interesting title, might as well give it a listen. After about a minute in, I realized that I had heard the song on the radio for the past month or so, but I didn't realize it was Walk Off the Earth who sang it.

"Red Hands" uses a xylophone beat in the background, much like "Somebody I Used to Know", but I don't find it quite as annoying. I mean, I love both songs, but I think they utilized the instrument a little better than Gotye did.

Nitpicking aside, I really enjoy this group and anything by them is definitely worth a listen!


No comments:

Post a Comment