Thursday, September 5, 2013

Asaf Avidan

WARNING: This song is...different. Yea, I think different is a good word to use.

Asaf Avidan (don't ask me to pronounce that) classifies his genre of music as folk rock. While I can't say that's exactly how I would categorize it, it's still a cool sounding song.

The song literally has two lines, so memorizing and singing along should be simple. The hard part is getting the correct sound. The vocals in this song are not necessarily unusual, but they're a far cry from Justin Bieber or One Direction.

Oddness aside, I really like this song. While it has been around for awhile, it has still got a vibe that seems almost new school. It's one of those that you just can't seem to get out of your head after listening to it (that may be due to the repetitive lyrics).

Asaf Avidan's unique sound makes "One Day/Reckoning Song" worth a listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment