Friday, August 1, 2014

Mika

Mika, Mika, Mika. I love me some Mika. First of all, his vocals are intense. I'm fairly positive there isn't a note outside of his range. Check out "Rain" and you'll see what I'm talking about:


Mika has numerous collaborations including one with Pharrell called "Celebrate":


And another with Ariana Grande called "Popular Song". Maybe it's just me, but I think it resembles "Popular" from Wicked (not sure if that was the intent or if anyone else hears the similarities):



And his fashion sense. It's undeniably some of the best. This man doesn't fear color, but rather embraces it. I envy his wardrobe. The blue pants in "Love Today" need to be mine.


Not gonna lie, Mika's music is the type that I dance to in my bedroom with the door closed so no one can see the ugly, white-girl dance moves. You know, the ones I think I'm oh so good at...

Glad to know I'm not the only one who does that. Check out Mika's "We Are Golden":


His latest, "Boum Boum Boum", is completely in French, so I honestly have no idea what the lyrics mean. I just think it's a fun song.


Mika's music is pure fun. I have to imagine his concerts are a giant dance party with tons of confetti and glitter, which means the second he has a show within a 200 mile radius of my house, I'm going.

No comments:

Post a Comment