Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Robyn

For starters, let's take a look at Robyn's latest track, "Do It Again", which also stars Röyksopp.

As for sound, it's traditional Robyn. I could have blindly listened to the track and I still would have picked her voice out within seconds. I think that's a great "problem" to have. 

The video itself confuses me a bit, but Robyn posted in the comments that it's about life's chaoses, so I guess it makes sense why it doesn't fully make sense to me. I hope that last line made sense. 

Don't get me wrong, the music video is beautiful, but I would say give the song a listen without watching, then check out the video.


And this one. Just go ahead and add it to your cry playlist now (assuming I'm not weird for having a playlist solely for the purpose of inducing myself into a fit of tearful emotions).

Seriously though, if you don't have a cry playlist, I recommend making one right now. Put "Dancing On My Own" as song numero uno. I promise you it will come in handy at least once in your lifetime.


Last but not least, my roommate's favorite Robyn song. Prepare yourself for a 1997 flashback with "Show Me Love":


Old school, new school, Robyn is seriously the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment