Monday, July 21, 2014

Karmin

You might remember Karmin (Nick and Amy) from their hit song "Brokenhearted":


While this is a great song, they have so much more in their arsenal and it's time the whole world takes notice of their awesomeness (spell check says it's a word, so I'm using it).

Their first album Hello has seven tracks plus a "Brokenhearted" remix. Among those seven songs, I'd have to say my favorite is "Hello". Not only is it catchy and fun, but it also showcases their poppy rap style that got them hundreds of thousands of fans.

(P.S. I don't know if poppy rap is a thing, but it is as of now.)


Their most recent album, Pulses, demonstrates their musical diversity. For instance, we all know by now that Amy can out-rap the best of the best, but we have yet to see her perform a ballad that shows her vulnerability (unless you count their phenomenal cover of "Jar of Hearts" originally by Christina Perri).

Check out "Neon Love" here:


I can't even begin to explain how much I love this next track ("Hate To Love You"). It gives Nick a time to shine, which I love because the guy has a super sexy voice!

And if you're still not convinced on the level of talent these two have, check out their cover of "Look At Me Now":


It's undeniable, these two have talent and they have proven they can do just about any genre of music. Don't believe me on that one? Check out their covers channel and their Vevo channel on YouTube.

**Completely unrelated sidebar**

Before I end this post, I have to take a second to point out Amy's hair. I mean, can we just take a second to appreciate her flawless, vintage inspired hairstyles? They're all absolutely stunning!

So in summary:
Listen to Karmin. Buy their music. Worship Amy's flawless tresses.

The end :)

No comments:

Post a Comment