Monday, August 18, 2014

Mandy Jiroux & Chester See

If you've been keeping up with my blog, you already know of my love for all things Kurt Hugo Schneider. The guy knows how to put together a great medley and his production skills are insane!

His "Zedd Medley" video in particular is so simple, yet so powerful. By having Mandy Jiroux and Chester See sit on stools while back-to-back gives you as the listener the opportunity to focus on the lyrics and create your own emotional story rather than following along with one on the screen, which I LOVE.

While the video is important, the sound is the make or break element. I'd say that Mandy and Chester nailed it. They kept true to the original sound of the music, but they still were able to make their medley unique as they sang with great amounts of passion and emotion. Furthermore, their voices work together extremely well. Their harmonies are on point and I really couldn't have asked for more with this Zedd Medley.

Personally, I'm a huge Zedd fan, so I expect a lot out of a cover. Mandy and Chester definitely deliver. Kurt has taken some of Zedd's well-known tracks and created a medley that is beyond fabulous. In fact, I almost forgot it was a medley because the blend of all the different songs is so seamless and the various lyrics make sense with one another. The way he combined all of the tracks is flawless and I am in LOVE with it!


Chester has other covers on his YouTube channel, all of which as amazing and worth a listen.

I'm a huge sucker for any A Great Big World cover, which might be one of the reasons why I think this is his best video. The other reasons include his piano skills, the sheer sexiness of Chester's voice and that stare down as he sings his heart out.


And if slow, heartbreaking covers aren't your thing, check out his version of Muse's "Madness". 


Mandy. This girl can dance AND sing! Watching her videos is like watching an expert Zumba class. Check out some of her cover of "Burn", originally by Ellie Goulding here:


I mean seriously, this girl puts my white girl dance moves to shame!



And just because I'm absolutely in LOVE with Kurt Hugo Schneider, here's one more of his videos before I wrap up this post:


After seeing their "Zedd Medley", I'd love to see another Kurt Schneider video with Mandy and Chester because their voices sound phenomenal together!

P.S. If you haven't already, check out Zedd's album Clarity. It's one of my favorite EDM albums and is perfect for any mood, so give it a listen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment