Sunday, August 10, 2014

Sia Furler

My goodness, I LOVE Sia. I don't think I can explain just how much I love this woman. Her music is soulful, her sound is chill-inspiring and her outlook on fame is refreshing.

First of all, she's an amazing writer. "Titanium" by David Guetta feat. Sia, "Let Me Love You (Until You Love Yourself)" by Ne-Yo, "Wild Ones" by Flo Rida, "Diamonds" by Rihanna and the list goes on and on. Like those songs or not, take a moment to read up on the lyrics. They're simply beautiful and they're all written by Sia.

Now on to her sound. If I had to describe it in one word, I'd say powerful. Her vocal belts are power. Her ability to give you chills with one line...power. It all goes back to the power of her voice and ultimately the lyrics.

The song "Chandelier" is fabulous. A few months ago I wrote that this song would be the next big party anthem, and to me, it is. I live for this song. The lyrics are killer and Sia's voice resembles a mix of BC Jean and Rihanna. Simply put, the greatness this song radiates is beyond words.


If that one song didn't make you a Sia fan, I guarantee this next one will.

"Big Girls Cry" is my favorite Sia song for so many reasons, but the main one is the fact that this song has the ability to make me stop what I'm doing and listen. Don't get me wrong, I love songs that make fabulous background noise, but this is not one of them. The lyrical story, the power in her voice, the need for the song to never end all make it impossible to focus on anything but Sia for three and a half minutes.


Her music has been covered by many different artists, but my favorite would have to be Sara Bareilles' rendition of "Chandelier" (Thanks Heidi for passing this video along!). You can skip to 1:38 in the video to get straight to the song, but I left the starting point of the video at 0:00 because Sara's personality is just the greatest. After hearing this, you're going to be dying for a Sara/Sia collaboration!


Sia isn't big into showing her face during performances and that's because she doesn't care too much for the whole fame thing. To quote "My Anti-Fame Manifesto" by Sia, "Me and fame will never be married."

Best. Artist. Quote. Ever.

Sia will always be one of my favorites because of her vocal abilities, flawless music and because of her classiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment