Friday, March 28, 2014

Martina McBride feat. Kelly Clarkson

Martina McBride's upcoming album, "Everlasting", is said to have "interpretations of iconic songs" and a couple have been released including "In The Basement" (originally by Etta James).

Martina brought Kelly Clarkson in on the project to recorded this fabulous duet.

Now I know what you're thinking. Martina McBride and Kelly Clarkson. They're gonna give this song a country feel. And you'd be wrong (no worries, I was wrong as well). In fact, they kept the R&B feel, which makes me love the song that much more. It's definitely a great tribute to the original and I think Etta James would be proud.

Check out "In The Basement" here:


And just because I'm obsessed with the concept of this whole album, I have to post another. Check out Martina's version of "Come See About Me" here:


Martina should be applauded for her ability to take an iconic song and give it her own spin while still keeping its original integrity intact. Well done, Martina McBride!! 

I vote that this whole album is worth a listen and I've officially pre-ordered my copy of "Everlasting", but I would LOVE it if she released a vinyl as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment