Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Bebe Rexha

Even if you haven't heard of Bebe Rexha, I guarantee you know her work. "The Monster" by Eminem and Rihanna...that was co-written by Bebe, but it was originally called "Monster Under My Bed".

Bebe's demo for Eminem and Rihanna features no rap, just her unique sound. Overall the track is pure perfection and completely different than the radio sound we all know. In all honesty, I don't think it's even fair to compare the two because they are so different in terms of sound, genre and lyrical content.

After learning that the song was originally written by Bebe and that she herself could sing, and not just the type of singing one does in the shower or car, I had to wonder why she gave her song away? According to an interview with Vibe, Bebe knew when she recorded the song that it should be an Eminem record. Smart career move or a major loss for her personal career? Personally, I think it was a risk that paid off extremely well. Now with those two powerhouses on her resume, she's becoming a force to be reckoned with and hopefully, she will become a rising star in the music industry because I am in love with her sound.

Listen to "Monster Under My Bed" here:


In addition to "Monster Under My Bed", Bebe has collaborated with Cash Cash on a track currently on the Top 40 charts called "Take Me Home". The EDM track is beyond catchy and the beat could liven up any room. This song is dope (I can't believe I just used that word in a sentence) and it deserves some serious radio love.

Check out "Take Me Home" here:


I still don't know a whole lot about Bebe Rexha, but I do know that her music is definitely worth a listen and I will be stalking her YouTube channel waiting for more (in a non-creepy way of course).

No comments:

Post a Comment