Sunday, April 13, 2014

Sara Bareilles

Sara Bareilles's "Blessed Unrest" released during the summer of 2013, and it includes the hit song "Brave" as well as many other great songs! Recently, she released another single called "I Choose You". If I were to sum up the song in one word, I'd have to say sweet or absolutely adorable (I guess that last one is two words...).

This lifelong love letter has a fun feel but it's still just as romantic as Jason Derulo's "Marry Me" or John Legend's "All of Me". Personally, I am absolutely in love with Sara's overall vocal sound. I think her style and her lyrics are fabulous. She's one of those people I'd love to hang out with for a day. She seems super chill and easy going. Those personality traits reflect positively back into her music as every line sounds so effortless and the message is conveyed in a way that is original and different from the average love song.

My only criticism of the song is that when it gets to the chorus, I can no longer take it seriously because I don't hear the lyrics "I choose you". Instead I hear "Achoo" and feel the need to say bless you every time. Trust me, once you hear it, you'll never be able to listen to the song the same way.

You've been warned.

Check out Sara Bareilles's "I Choose You" here:


If you like what you heard, show her some love and buy the album on iTunes!

No comments:

Post a Comment