Sunday, August 25, 2013

Kelly Clarkson

Yesterday was full of road trips to numerous towns, which didn't allow me to update with a song of the day. Because of this, I will introduce you to two of my favorite songs, both of which have an even bigger meaning for me today.

Both are Kelly Clarkson songs (shocker).

Both are Kelly Clarkson songs that you may have not heard of before.

They're not singles.

They're just great music that went undiscovered off of her many albums.

The first is called "Maybe" and is from "My December". The cool thing about that album is that all of the songs were written by Kelly for Kelly. While the album didn't do so hot on the charts, it holds some of my favorite Kelly songs because they're so personal and the lyrics are relatable to almost every person at one point or another.


The second is called "Cry" and is from "All I Ever Wanted". This song was covered by Glee and is one of her best in my opinion. Who can't relate to a song about heartbreak? Why the song got zero radio love, I have no clue, but I guess I am ok with that because not-so-well-known songs you have to search to find are usually the best.


Earlier you read that these songs had an even deeper meaning for me today versus any other day and that is because I am hitting the road after this post and taking a 5-6 hour drive to see my girl, Kelly Clarkson perform with Maroon 5! Words can't even begin to describe how excited I am for this journey!

Signing off! Prepare for concert updates tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment