Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Bonnie McKee

If you follow me on Facebook or Twitter, then you already know of my absolute love and adoration for this song and the video.

Bonnie McKee writes hit songs for just about everyone but herself, which is such a shame because the girl can sing! While she still collaborates with others, she has begun to put herself first with her new, chart-rising single, "American Girl".

Based off this song alone, I can't wait for an entire album.

The original video that hit YouTube featured numerous stars lip syncing to McKee's track, which was AWESOME! I mean who can get Katy Perry, Adam Lambert, Kiss, Tommy Lee, Jane Lynch, Jason Derulo and more into one video? I'll tell you who, Bonnie McKee can and she did.

Check out the epic video here:


My friend Amber saw this video and knew that we had to recreate it with the radio station we work at as well as its listeners, Bonnie McKee (so blessed that she sent us footage for our video) and a few other celebrity guests.

Check out our version here (videography by Amber Vokt and editing by myself):


Since the release of both her video and ours, Bonnie has put out an official music video, which in my opinion, isn't as awesome as the first, but I still love the track and the singer.


Keep a look out for Bonnie McKee! She's going places!


No comments:

Post a Comment