Monday, June 15, 2015

Halsey

WOW! Just WOW!

I can't lie, I had never heard of Halsey until today. She was a random suggestion on the YouTube sidebar and I am so happy I clicked on it!

Her sound is similar to Ellie Goulding, especially in the beginning. She has a tone that is almost haunting, but not in a bad way at all. I will say that I feel the song never builds to its fullest potential. I found myself waiting for a big crash of sound, but it never came. I'm not saying that's a flaw in the song by any means, but I did find myself on the edge of my seat waiting for the climax of the song and it never reached its peak. Maybe that's the culmination of sound after all. Halsey builds the anticipation and then her calm sound comes back in leaving you wanting more and more.

Take a listen for yourself and let me know what you think.

Oh and by the way, the video is HOT! Slightly NSFW, but the artistry behind the video is phenomenal! Check out "Ghost" here:


In the future, I could definitely see Halsey teaming up with Calvin Harris or David Guetta and laying down an amazing EDM track.

Halsey: definitely worth a listen and I can't wait to hear more from her!

No comments:

Post a Comment